Saturday, October 4, 2008

What? It has really been a month?

I just noticed that it has been over a month since I last update here. I could give you all the excuses but really it just comes down to school is kicking my behind, and keeping me busier than I imagined. I am left wondering how I survived school, teaching and work earlier this year. The Lord truly blessed me then as he continues to bless me now.

Let's see if I can recap the last month for you:

1- Had to buy a new computer, the space bar fell off the old one.
2- Survived Parent Teacher Conferences and got one kid grounded.
3- I switched wards, so I am no longer the choir director.
4- I am the English Tech girl now, it is kinda fun really.
5- I am also the co-advisor of the academic team
6- The three day is in 3 weeks. Ack! But I am only 150 dollars short.

The faculty is awesome (I might also bribe them with weekly treats), I have taken on a ton of responsibilities which I find to be challenging and exhausting, the kids and I are finally getting used to each other. My 8th period are still hellions, but they finally know Ms. Bellamy means business. I have some cute kids, some who I just adore. They drive me batty, but they also remind me how much fun teaching can be and help remind me that I am there for far more then teaching English Lit.

And I bring pictures-
I have to explain one thing about this before I post them. After I read one to many papers using words such as bcuz I decided it was time to change this I have started Bellamy's Bootcamp. So in the spirit of this, my room is currently decorated in Army style.

Yeah, I told you I was freaking amazing (well, at least I am having fun with this unit- better than grading worksheets).


This is the South Wall of my class. It has the monthly calendars, the Hogwarts crest, and the posters for figurative language.


This is the first half of the East wall. The posters with yellow sticky notes are where we are keeping track of my 'platoons' points


They took out the tvs last year, so now I use mine as a shelf.


The rest of the wall, displaying students art work. This is going to be changed next week to show their picture sonnets. It is also the home of my six foot shakespeare.


My North wall. Displaying David Tennant and Brian Vaughn. Along with articles about the school.


The West wall with my shelves, mugs, and pictures.


The rest of the west wall, with the get to know Ms. Bellamy poster. Allison, Rishi, Erin, E, and Patty are all featured on this wall. (The Atlanta group will be featured soon)


Yes, I killed that many trees. It is a sad, sad thing. Someday I will figure out how to teach without worksheets. Basically, kids all need a lap top.


Finally, my desk. it is before school so it is still organized. And proudly displayed over my computer- The Doctor and Rose and Harry Potter!


So there you go, I am going to try to be around more this month, but it is another busy month.

4 comments:

phoenyx said...

*boggles at your geekiness*

Natalie said...

How can you boggle at my geekiness, you have known longer than I have about how big of a geek and a nerd I am.

Plus, there was really no hiding it from the students, they had a right to know.

Hill said...

Um...yeah you need a new chair!

abellamy said...

Hey where are the pictures of me?