Sunday, March 30, 2008

I've created a monster

Okay, it is no great shock to anyone when I reveal my love for the BBC TV show- Doctor Who. It is one of the few very geeky things I love and can talk about for hours. I have the CDs, the DVDs, and one day I hope to have my very own sonic screwdriver (j/k though if it worked I wouldn't say no). I have a picture up next to my Order of the Phoenix poster and I watch (and can quote) the episodes quite often.

Well one Sunday night the parents and I were getting ready for Who night, Lu was still there and was watching a bit with me. I explained that this was the Doctor and that was Rose. Over the next few weeks I would pull out the DVD set and ask her who was who, every time she answered correctly and we started adding words like Tardis, Time Vortex, and Bad Wolf (eventually Time Lord, Capt. Jack, and Torchwood followed).

Hilary finally decided to borrow my DVDs and I sent them home with Lu, asking her to take care of our Doctor for me. The following are three instances that have happened since that day two weeks ago:

Phone conversation number 1-

Lu: I watchin the Doctor
Me: Are you
Lu: and Rose
Me: Really?
Lu: Uh-huh. And Tardis.
Me: Do you like them
Lu: Uh-huh. Rose not die.
Me: No she didnt.


Phone conversation number 2-

Lu: Timmy, I have monsters in my room

Me: Oh no.

L: It’s okay the Doctor got rid of them for me.

M: (holding back a laugh) He did?

L: Uh-huh. He’s my friend.

M: Really?

L: I have his picture.

M: Do you?

L: Yes, Doctor and Rose.

Then she went on to tell me that when she gets scared she knows it is okay cause the Doctor will come and save her.

Phone Conversation number 3-

Lu: Timmy, you know the doctor?

Me: Yes

Lu: He so handsome

What can I say the girl has good taste, David Tennant is quite an attractive man (so is Christopher Eccleston for that matter).

and finally...

Lu was at my parents yesterday and she decided we were going to play Doctor Who. She was the Doctor and I was 'Rosie'. We even had a Tardis which so so carefully unlocked and made us move around like we were flying. There also seemed to be an elephant on the Tardis- don't know where that came from. She is just so cute. I love her imagination.

So, yes I have created a monster...not that I am complaining too much.

Only six more days till season 4!!!!

No comments: