Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Lives


It is Easter morning and I am hoping you will indulge me for a few moments as I reflect on this day.
Easter has always been one of my favorite times of year. I love the symbolism of life and hope returning after the dark, cold days of winter. I love that the world is being born anew, I love what the season means.

This year I also knew was the first Easter Sunday that I would not be attending church. I wanted to do something that would make me remember the reason we celebrate this day- beyond the ham and the chocolate rabbits. So this week, I worked on reading the March Ensign. This was a beautiful reminder of my Savior and the role he has played in my life. I have reflected on this the past week and found myself moving closer towards him. I still have a long way to go. I am no where near perfect. I make mistakes, I struggle, there are times that force myself to do the things that I should- but He is always there.

Last week my little choir sang, 'I Believe in Christ'. This has always been a favorite of mine and I wanted to perform it as a tribute before Easter. There is a line in that song that makes me sing out in pride and makes my eyes well with tears. It says: I believe in Christ so come what may, with Him I'll stand at that great day. It is the trust that is put in Him when I sing so come what may. The heartaches and the struggles I am willing to face, because He will be there. There have been heartaches, there will continue to be struggles, but with him as my Savior, I will overcome.

I have no doubt that He lives. I have no doubt that he is my Savior, my brother, my friend. He loves us and cares for us. He will continue to reach out a hand and ask us to come to Him. He rose that morning 2000 years ago- he appeared to those in Jerusalem and then again to those in America. "He lives, my kind wise heavenly friend. He lives my Savior till the end. Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives- I know that my Redeemer lives."

1 comment:

Marie said...

Very nicely said, Nat. Happy Easter to you, too.