Thursday, January 8, 2009

A tribute to my team

So Florida was crowned champions tonight and tomorrow a final 2008 college poll will be released. Florida will be first, followed by Oklahoma, USC, Texas, and then finally Utah.

Now I am not an irate fan. I am not suing the BCS, like the Utah AG. I am not demanding that Utah be placed first. I am not calling my congressman demanding inquiries, but that does not mean I do not love my team any less than the next guy.

I know that we do not play in a league like the SEC, but we are not a backwater league. The MWC had three top 15 teams this year. We went 6-1 against PAC 10 teams this season.The MWC has sent Utah to the BCS twice, both times they won without question. This year they beat the team that had been ranked No. 1 for the last month of season play.

I don't expect my team to be first, but I would like some recognition on what they accomplished this year. To be the one team that went 13-0 in the nation deserves more than 5th place in the polls.





No comments: