Saturday, August 16, 2008

Your highness, we beseech you on this day in Philadelphia to bite me

Today I got to go and see the Declaration of Independence. You know, it is funny how much a document of paper means to me. I rarely talk politics here but I was raised in a rather political family. Conventions, elections, and all that go with it are second hand to me. I can still call an election within 3 points and I can tell you how much a certain canidate will go up and down in the polls- yes, I am that good. There was a reason I ran my first party campaign at the age of 15.

Anyway, with this comes a love of country. It is deeply rooted, it is why I love the 4th so much. But today I got to see a piece of paper that has inspired millions and will continue to inspire millions. It was a thrilling experience and makes me realize that even with all the problems that abound that I am still proud to be an American.


Mom and I looking at the Declaration


"Never has a war been so courteously declared. It was on parchment with calligraphy, and "Your Highness, we beseech you on this day in Philadelphia to bite me, if you please."


The parents and I

No comments: