Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chins up, boobs out, it's show time

Ah, it was time for my annual Shakespearean Festival trip this last weekend. It was a blast, as always.

Here are some highlights:


1-Saw Brian Vaughn and the Pastry Pub (yes, two of my favorite things) went silently fangirlish but would not go talk to him. Katie did though and he smiled an nodded at her. His cute wife was there too!

2-Had my laptop die, leading me to flail around Cedar until we could get it to a Best Buy and find out it was only a cord.

3-Ate at the Utah In-n-Out. I love that place.

4- The tarts, I had three.

5- Katie and I witnessed the future and it was sparkly. We also realized that we are like Ouiser and Clarice than we want to be. I'll let you figure out who Ousier is.

Cyrano was fantastic and as my friend Jason said, "Nat practically glowed every time Brian Vaughn walked on stage." Big nose or not that man is still attractive. I really hope he plays Henry the Fifth next year. Fiddler was fantastic. I loved the movie and the casting was perfect. Of course I realized that I am more like Golda than I'd like to admit. And Othello- oh my, Iago was perfect though I was slightly upset that they changed the way Desdemona died. I mean she was still smothered, but the breaking of the neck people- come on.

So here are some pics from the trip! Enjoy!



That was one of the best margaritas I have ever had

Eating my first tart during the Cyrano intermission.


Ah Brian, you are attractive even with the big nose.



Bummer, this still isnt a door.


One day I might actually have the guts to sit on his lap


I'm thinking of wearing this the first day of school. What'd ya think?


My traditional Falstaff pic


Enjoying our last tarts of the Festival during the Othello intermission

and finally...


Cute Lu spam

No comments: