Friday, July 4, 2008

I'm Proud to Report our Country's Stranger than it was a Year Ago

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Today is my favorite holiday. I know, strange. But there is something about the 4th that I have loved since I was a little girl. I love the parades, the flag waving, the cheesy flag shirts people buy, the ice cream, the BBQs, and the fireworks- love the fireworks. I know that the country isn't perfect- far from it; but it is still my country and I love her for it.

This love of country came from my parents. Years in politics will teach you a few things (most of them not good) but the love of country is one lesson that sticks.

So to celebrate the 4th I leave you a little YouTube video. Every year the Mormon Tabernacle Choir puts on a show for the 4th. I try to go each year, as it is one of their best. This year it just happened to be last week while Erin was here. And they sang my all time favorite number 'The Battle Hymn of the Republic.' Now, if you haven't heard the MoTab sing this before you are in for a treat. Ignore the picture quality but enjoy the music!


Oh and because I can't resist- Some good ole West Wing love:

GIRL 1
Yeah, but weren't we terrorists at the Boston Tea Party?

SAM
Nobody got hurt at the Boston Tea Party. The only people that got hurs was some fancy boys who didn't have anything to wash down their crumpets with. We jumped out from behind bushes, while the British came down the road in their bright red jackets, but never has a war been so courteously declared. It was on parchment with calligraphy and "Your highness, we beseech you on this day in Philadelphia to bite me, if you please."

or how about this one...
LEO
You know what I haven't forgotten?

MARBURY
What?

LEO
That we opened up a big can of whoopass on you at Yorktown!

No comments: