Sunday, June 7, 2009

I will miss you

I just found out that one of my colleagues lost her fight with breast cancer this morning.

It isn't a big surprise, that came on Friday when we found out that she had only days to live but it still makes me angry, sad, and numb.

Becky was the kind of woman who always said what she thought, as much as I like her she scared the heck out of me even through her last days. She was a woman that you never wanted to let down. She was a woman full of insight and ideas. She would push you to be a better educator but would also take the time to show you how.

I will miss her quick wit, her sense of humor, her smile, and her insight. I will miss her laugh during lunch and her sarcasm.

Becky is now added to the list of those I walk in memory of instead of in support of in Cleveland. It kills me that this wicked disease continues to take wonderful women and men.

Thank you Becky for your guidance this year. I will miss you in the years to come but your life has made a remarkable impact on mine even for the short time our paths crossed.

No comments: